How Does a Real Estate Attorney Help Buyers?
A real estate attorney advises potential property owners by overseeing the quality of the title to their purchase. They help real estate transactions go more smoothly by negotiating contracts, reviewing purchase agreements, attending the closing and ensuring the deed is delivered and properly recorded. A real estate attorney who works alongside your title company is especially beneficial since they can be kept in the loop throughout the entire process.
In most states, basic real estate transactions do not require a real estate attorney. However it is helpful and necessary in these situations:
- You are new to the area;
- You are purchasing a property with physical damage;
- There is an illegal dwelling on the property;
- The bank owns the land;
- The land is prone to floods or hurricanes;
- There are existing tenants who need to be evicted;
- You need to correct a title defect;
- You need to back out of a contract.
How Does a Real Estate Attorney Help Sellers?
To avoid problems in the future, as a seller, you will want to hire a real estate attorney in these situations:
- The land you are selling is owned by a deceased relative;
- There is structural damage on the property;
- There is a history of liens;
- The sales proceeds need to be split due to divorce;
- There is a short sale or foreclosure.
Florida National Title Services
Florida National Title Services works under the supervision of attorneys Michele Lewis and Richard S. Weinstein, experienced real estate attorneys. They work to ensure the title of the home you desire is clear and marketable and that title insurance policies are properly issued.
Florida National Title Services provides expert title services. When you are renting, we can help with every step of the way. Florida National Title has years of experience guiding Florida homebuyers through the real estate purchase and refinance experience and have helped them solve the problems that come up in the process. We will decipher the “legalese” and explain what we need and why we need it each step of the way. The blogs to follow will address specific issues to guide buyers to understand the process better and to help them avoid many of the pitfalls. Call us at (561) 408-0729 or visit our website.
Florida National Title Services, LLC
250 S. Central Blvd., Suite 101
Jupiter, Florida 33458
© Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved.